Friday, August 20, 2010



SOMEONE SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT

Four years ago this song literally saved my life. You might think it's corny, or overly-sentimental, or out-dated; but that's ok. I had my moment with this song, and it changed my life from a futile existence to a life worth living. I realized there was someone who could save my life and unlock my heart. That person was ME. I found myself, and accepted myself--my pain, my unhappiness, my inadequacies, and my gifts. If your circumstances are less than ideal, what can you do to change them? Start tomorrow. Claim your identity, your destiny. Only then, will it be possible to let the love flow into you and through you. Our parents sang these words to us, "This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine." And parents know best. Let the light SHINE! Have you been saved?

"I'm sleeping with myself tonight,
Saved in time. Thank God,
My music's still alive.
Someone saved my life tonight,
Sugar Bear. (Sugar Bear)
Ya, almost had your hooks in me,
Didn't ya, dear?
You nearly had me roped and tied.
Altar bound, hypnotized,
Sweet freedom whispered in my ear,
'You're a butterfly, and butterflies
Are free to fly. Fly away.
High away.' Bye-bye."

Thanks, Elton John (and lyricist, Bernie Taupin)!

1 comment: